PARISH NOTICES ST JULIAN’S PARISH 19th to 20th August 2017
Feast of St Julian:
- Presentation of babies to St Julian: Sunday 20th August Family Day, the 7pm Mass will be dedicated to the families in the parish. Parents of young children may present them to St Julian after Mass.
- Beginning of the festivities: Monday 21st August, the statue of St Julian will be brought out of the niche after the 7.00pm Mass.
- Feast programme: The detailed programme of activities for the week of the Feast can be found in the Festa Booklet which has just been issued and is available from the Book Centre.
- Mass for the Elderly: A mass for the Elderly is to be held on Tuesday at 6.30pm at Lapsi Church, organised by the Diaconia Commission, and during which the Sacrament of the Sick will be administered.
- Children’s Day: There will be a special mass for Children of the parish on Wednesday at 7pm.
- Group’s Day: The 7pm Mass in the Parish on Thursday will be held for the members of all groups and commissions and social and religious groups within the parish. J. Galea Curmi, General Vicar, will celebrate the mass.
- Friday 25th: At 6pm at Lapsi church there will be a mass in memory of those departed in St Julians during World War II. The traditional Triduum celebration will follow.
- Saturday 26th:
- There will be a 5pm Mass at Lapsi Church and a 5.30pm Mass at the Immaculate Conception Chapel.
- At 6pm there will be the Solemn transportation of the relic of St Julians from Lapsi church to the Parish Church, followed by Mass.
- There won’t be a Mass at 7.45pm.
- Sunday 27th, Feast of St Julian:
- The Mass times will be: 8.00am; 9.00am (Lapsi), 9.30am (Solemn) and 11.30am instead of 12.15pm.
- The 9.30am Solemn Mass will be celebrated by Fr Gilbert Scicluna and the clergy.
- There will be Mass at 6.00pm in the Parish Church.
- The procession with the statue of St Julian leaves the Parish Church at 7.00pm.
- The statue returns to the Church by 11pm.
Happy feast to all