Feast of St Julian:
- Feast programme: The detailed programme of activities for the week of the Feast can be found in the Festa Booklet which has just been issued and is available from the Book Centre. As from Monday we are going to have new posters of the restored St Julian statue for sale.
- Beginning of the festivities: On Monday, the 7.00pm Mass is going to be held at the Parish Church and animated by St Julian’s Choral Group. The statue of St Julian will be taken out of its niche and on to the parvis of the Parish accompanied by the St Julians Band.
- Mass for the Elderly: A mass for the Elderly is to be held on Tuesday at 6.30pm at Lapsi Church, organised by the Diaconia Commission, and during which the Sacrament of the Sick will be administered.
- The first day of the Triduum – Children’s and Adoloscents’ Day: There will be a special mass for Children and Adoloscents of the parish on Wednesday at 7pm followed by a manifestation with the statue of St Julian, departing from the Parish Church, passing through Main Street, Carmel Street, St Angelo Street, and Lapsi Street up to Lapsi Church, accompanied by the Spinola Band.
- The second day of the Triduum – Group’s Day: The 7pm Mass in the Parish on Thursday will be held for the members of all commissions and social and religious groups within the parish. Fr Aayrton-Ray Muscat, newly ordained priest, will celebrate the mass, animated by the St Julians Choral Group.
- The third day of the Triduum – Presentation of babies to St Julian: On Friday, there is a mass at 6pm at Lapsi Church, followed by a homily in praise and glory of St Julian. This will be followed by the St Julian Chaplet and a Sacramental Blessing. There will also be 7pm Mass at the Parish where all those parishioners who would like to present to their babies to St Julian are also invited.
- Saturday, eve of the feast:
- There will be a 5pm Mass at Lapsi Church and a 5.30pm Mass at the Immaculate Conception Chapel.
- At 6.00pm there will be the Solemn transportation of the relic of St Julian from Lapsi church to the Parish Church, followed by Mass.
- There is no Mass at 7.45pm at the Parish Church.
- Sunday, Feast of St Julian:
- The Mass times will be: 8.00am; 9.00am (Lapsi), 9.30am (Solemn) and 11.30am instead of 12.15pm.
- The 9.30am Solemn Mass will be celebrated by His Excellency J. Galea Curmi, Auxiliary Bishop
- There will be Mass at 6.00pm in the Parish Church.
- The procession with the statue of St Julian leaves the Parish Church at 7.00pm.
Happy feast to all