Feast of St Julian:
- Feast programme: The detailed programme of activities for the week of the Feast can be found in the Festa Booklet which has just been issued and is available from the Book Centre. As from Monday we are going to have new posters of the restored St Julian statue for sale.
- Beginning of the festivities: Tomorrow/on Monday, the 7.00pm Mass is going to be held at Lapsi Church and animated by St Julian’s Choral Group. The statue of St Julian will be taken to the Parish Church accompanied by the two band clubs.
- Mass for the Elderly: A mass for the Elderly is to be held on Tuesday at 6.30pm at Lapsi Church, organised by the Diaconia Commission, and during which the Sacrament of the Sick will be administered. At 8.00pm there will be a concert organised by the Spinola Band Club at the Parish Church.
- Children’s Day: There will be a special mass for Children of the parish on Wednesday at 7pm followed by a short procession to Lapsi Church.
- Group’s Day: The 7pm Mass in the Parish on Thursday will be held for the members of all commissions and social and religious groups within the parish. His Excellency Mons Alessandro D’Errico, Apostolic Nunzio, will celebrate the mass.
- Presentation of babies to St Julian: On Friday, the 7pm Mass at the Parish where those who were baptised here 50 years ago are especially invited. All those parishioners who would also like to present to their babies to St Julian are also invited to attend.
- Saturday 25th:
- There will be a 5pm Mass at Lapsi Church and a 5.30pm Mass at the Immaculate Conception Chapel.
- At 5.45pm there will be the Solemn transportation of the relic of St Julians from Lapsi church to the Parish Church, followed by Mass.
- There is no Mass at 7.45pm at the Parish Church.
- Sunday 26th, Feast of St Julian:
- The Mass times will be: 8.00am; 9.00am (Lapsi), 9.30am (Solemn) and 11.30am instead of 12.15pm.
- The 9.30am Solemn Mass will be celebrated by His Excellency J. Galea Curmi, Auxiliary Bishop
- There will be Mass at 6.00pm in the Parish Church.
- The procession with the statue of St Julian leaves the Parish Church at 7.00pm.
Happy feast to all